Please enter banners and links.
When you are faced with what seems an insurmountable problem, you are willing to try even unconventional means. When all your sincere attempts to change your bad habits, whether smoking or overeating fail, it is time to look at another way. It is time to recognize that all the pills, dieting and exercise will not help you if something always seems to sabotage your efforts. If the issue lies within your subconscious, it is time to consider self hypnosis.
Self Hypnosis versus Stage Hypnosis
There are several misconceptions about self hypnosis. Sometimes, people confuse it with stage hypnosis, it is not the same as stage hypnosis. The latter is, obviously, performed on stage for the entertainment of an audience. Self hypnosis is done in the safe and secure environment of your own home. Stage hypnosis relies frequently on two methods: deceiving the “volunteer” and the audience, and illusion. Self hypnosis focuses on helping the individual realize their reality.
While both work with the individual in a trance-like state, the rationale behind them differs entirely. A stage hypnotist is seeking to impress the audience; you, as your own hypnotist, are trying to correct old habits, retrain you subconscious and start to live your life as it is meant to be lived. In essence, the two differ on very many levels. From the absence of a stage to accomplishing a useful purpose, stage hypnosis is very different from self hypnosis. Only some of the techniques used are the same.
What is Self Hypnosis?
If self hypnosis is not stage hypnosis, what is it? The answer is both simple and complex. Self hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness. It is a trance-like state you guide yourself to attain. It is truly a mind-shifting approach to realization of a goal. It is working with your own mind to create a new reality with the purpose of change in your mind.
What does it do?
In reaching down deep into your subconscious, you work to create certain changes which will ultimately result in changes in your life. You harness your subconscious to your mindful self to accomplish a specific goal or realize a change in your life. You can use self hypnosis for:
- Simple relaxation
- To gain control over eating and therefore, restore and maintain a healthy diet and life style
- To quit smoking
- To improve your own self image
- To triumph over certain fears or phobias in your life – some may prevent you from accomplishing what you wish to do
- To improve your ability to remember things and people
Self Hypnosis – the Advantages
Self hypnosis has many purposes. Basically, however, the intent of this technique is to help you pursue your dream, to guide you to retrain your subconscious to transform your life. Self hypnosis lets you shift the thought processes locked in your subconscious so you can stop smoking, never overeat and get rid of those fears that haunt you.
This is an advantage over many traditional approaches. Retraining your subconscious to accept your goals is more beneficial and healthy than popping pills. This is one of the best advantages of self hypnosis, yet, there are many others. Among them you will find the following:
- The ability to learn how to perform the skill of self hypnosis is relatively easy
- The overall cost is far less than many other types of self-help instruction and certainly far less expensive than therapy sessions. All you require are a few books and instructional tapes or downloads for MP3 player or iPod.
- You can perform it on your own time. There is no need to worry about making and keeping appointments.
- You can perform self hypnosis in your own space. You can select a safe, secure and quiet space in your own home.
- If you go to a cottage or away for the weekend, you can bring your tools with you. It therefore allows you to continue to reinforce your goals without missing a beat. In fact, when you master the skill, you can use self-hypnosis almost anywhere successfully.
Self hypnosis can help you with the solutions to many of your problems. It is not a “quick-fix.” It works with you to help you find the answer. Self hypnosis requires time, energy and effort. But then, to paraphrase an old ad” You are worth it.”