Please enter banners and links.
Fibromyalgia is a condition which is characterized by acute pain in the muscles and tendons of the body. The diseased condition is accompanied by many other symptoms in both men and women. It is mostly associated with an increased sensation of pain and women are the worst sufferers of this condition. About 20% of men may account for the total cases of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is accompanied with musculoskeletal pain, soft tissue tenderness and sleep disturbances. It affects mostly in the neck, back, shoulder and pelvic girdle. It is a physical problem and can be relieved with the help of proper treatment. Herbal remedies for fibromyalgia are very effective in giving relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia. These herbal remedies can also give relief from fatigue and normalize the person’s ability to carry on daily activities, as a part of fibromyalgia treatment.
Causes of Fibromyalgia:
1. The exact causes of fibromyalgia are not known and it is suspected that certain persons can have a genetic predisposition to develop this condition.
2. Stress plays a very important role and it is considered as an aggravating factor for fibromyalgia.
3. The pain sensation is regulated by several neurotransmitters and fibromyalgia may be related with the abnormalities in the levels of neurotransmitters.
4. Some other factors that can induce an outbreak of fibromyalgia are hormonal fluctuations, weather changes, depression and lack of sleep.
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
The most common symptoms of fibromyalgia are:-
1. Pain all over, fatigue and sleep difficulties
2. Morning stiffness, cramping and weakness
3. Digestive system disorders, headaches and migraines
4. Balance problems, itchy and burning skin
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia in Women
1. Most women with fibromyalgia encounter the problem of an aching body and the pain can be muscular ache or burning sensation across the body.
2. Common tender points of pain can be found in between the shoulder blades, upper chest, back of the head, inner knees and front sides of the neck.
3. Falling asleep as well as staying asleep can be difficult for such men suffering from fibromyalgia.
4. Another fibromyalgia symptom is jaw pain and also causes pain in the face and head.
5. Problems related with memory can also be some important fibromyalgia symptoms in men.
6. Morning stiffness, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic headaches and palpitations are also other related symptoms.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Fibromyalgia
1. To be diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a woman must have had at least three months of widespread pain on the areas which can include arms, buttocks, chest, knees, lower back, neck, shoulders and thighs.
2. Blood and urine tests are usually done, in order to rule out conditions that may have similar symptoms.
3. The main aim of fibromyalgia treatment is to help relieve pain and other related symptoms.
4. The first type of treatment may involve physical therapy, exercise and stress-relief methods.
5. The goal of medication is to improve sleep, reduce pain and give relief to fibromyalgia patients.
6. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an important part of fibromyalgia treatment. This therapy helps to deal with negative thoughts, seek out enjoyable activities etc.
7. Other recommendations include a well-balanced diet, avoid caffeine, improve quality of sleep etc.
Herbal remedies for fibromyalgia has been proved to be effective and beneficial in the treatment. Herbs can help to treat the various symptoms produced in fibromyalgia like depression, fatigue, sleep disorders, inflammation and severe pain. The herbal supplements used in fibromyalgia help to alleviate pain, stress and anxiety by inhibiting neurotransmitters. Fibromyalgia pain is often accompanied by anxiety, depression and insomnia. These symptoms make fibromyalgia a worse a disorder that affects both the body and the emotions. Herbal remedies are more effective for fibromyalgia, as natural herbs work holistically on both the mind and body levels. Herbs address adrenal gland support, stress management and pain relief naturally. The symptoms of fibromyalgia can be lessened with specific herbal remedies that can warm the body, improve circulation and reduce pain.