Please enter banners and links.
If you’ve never tried self hypnosis techniques before it can be quite daunting beginning your first session, so I hope to break down some of those barriers for you in this article.
It will probably benefit those readers who have no experience of self hypnosis techniques if I briefly gave a definition of what self hypnosis actually is. At it’s most basic form self hypnosis is a technique to induce a similar state as when you are day dreaming.
You are in complete control and still aware of your surroundings while wandering off in your thoughts.
Have you ever been on a long journey, normally one that you take regularly with familiar sites along the way and find your mind wandering?
Only to reach your destination and think I can’t remember going past “xyz” when you know you must have, to get to where you are.
That is the state of mind you’ll be in when you first practice self hypnosis.
You’ll be totally aware if the phone rings or there is an emergency. You’ll still be aware that you’re sat at home or wherever you choose to try these self hypnosis techniques… but you will let your mind wander to wherever you want to take it.
That could be a walk along the beach with the waves lapping at your feet or through a forest with the sun shining through the leaves. With self hypnosis you can go where you’ve always dreamed of going or return to a your favourite vacation.
Self Hypnosis Techniques – Quick Start Guide
Here’s my summary of the techniques that I practice for relaxation hypnosis…
Because of the relaxing state you’ll be in, I would recommend you set an alarm to sound in 20 minutes if you do fall asleep.
- First of all you need to find yourself a quiet room away from distractions.
- Take some deep breaths.
- Once you have taken 5 to 10 deep breaths, relax and close your eyes.
- Now with your eyes closed and still breathing deeply visualize all the muscles in your body relax. Start from the head and move down the body visualizing all the tension leaving the body.
- Now imagine a staircase. There are 10 steps that lead you to where you want to go, that could be a walk along the beach, through the countryside… wherever you want to go.
- Each step down makes you more and more relaxed.
- Once you have reached the bottom step you can spend some time in the place you have chosen to visit. Take the time to look around and imagine what it feels like to be there and how happy you feel.
- When you’re ready to leave return to the staircase and with each step up, feel yourself becoming more alert and more refreshed.
- When you reach the top step, open your eyes and feel wide awake.
If you practice these self hypnosis techniques regularly you will feel the benefits in just weeks.