Please enter banners and links.
Management Development may be defined as a process through which managers improve existing skills and learn new ones to facilitate their own development and that of the organization. In Organizational development, one of the major factors determining organizational success is the effectiveness of Management. Here, measures taken towards Management Development can have numerous advantages for an organization. Although managers are in a constant process of learning on the job, Management Development is a formal process of learning where specific skills are developed. Management development programs normally include:
- Structured informal learning methods that give a shape to the constant learning on the job
- Formal training such as a short course on a specific technical skill or soft skill
- Formal training in Management through diploma or certificate courses or a masters degree
- Team leading skills
Management Development Training is available in a number of organizations across the world. Some of these are:
1. The Development Company – Training is provided in the following areas;
- Introduction to Management
- Junior / Middle / Senior Management Training
- Team Leaders Training
- Coordinator development etc
2. Dale Carnegie – The Management Training program teachers individuals Some of the skills needed in today’;s fast paced business environment. The training program teachers managers how to make interpersonal relationships stronger, how to manage stress and deal with change.
3. IIR Management Development – This institute has courses on offer for all kinds of managers. It offers a course on management skills for the newly appointed manager, how to manage during challenging times, how to motivate a team, skills related to performance management, strategic management skills etc.
4. Management Training and Development.com – The objective of this course is to help individuals develop skills, knowledge and behaviors associated with being a successful manager. This course has a broad scope and applications to first time supervisors, managers, team leaders etc. This course will also be useful to staff who have been promoted to a new managerial role and have limited experience in that area. Managers can also refresh their skills with the help of this course.
5. American Management Association – The AMA Management Development course offers introductory and advanced management skills to manage people effectively and to deal with unexpected change in a business environment.
6. Management Training Specialists – Offer courses that help the Manager to face the real world with a new found confidence. With the help of this training, managers will know their own unique management style and how it affects others. They will also learn how to use their emotional intelligence, create a personal skill set and how to communicate elegantly and effectively with their team.