Please enter banners and links.
IBS or Irritable bowel syndrome is basically a combination of trouble with bowel habits: having different kind of stool (liquid, soft, hard or thin) or going more or less than normal (constipation or diarrhoea) and belly pain or discomfort.
The condition of Irritable Bowel Syndrome affects more than 45 million people all around the world. It can be a life lasting problem that changes your way of living and lifestyle if not treated with different remedies for irritable bowel syndrome.
Causes for IBS
There is no precise cause for irritable bowel syndrome but a number of factors appear to contribute to it:
- Inflammation in the Intestines:- Many people with this condition have an increased number of immune system cells in their intensities. Diarrhoea and pain are associated with this immune system response.
- Changes in the bacteria present in the gut:- We all know that microflora is the good bacteria that play a key role in our health and are present in our gut. The study states that the microflora present in healthy people differs from that in people with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Muscle Contractions in the Intestine:- The layers of muscles that are lined in our intestine contract and relax as food moves through our digestive tract. Weak contractions can lead to hard and dry stools and slow the food passage. Whereas stronger contractions can last longer and cause diarrhoea, gas and bloating. You can take various herbal remedies for IBS.
- Severe Infection:- IBS might be associated with a surplus of bacteria in the gut and might be caused after a severe bout of diarrhoea (gastroenteritis) caused by a virus and bacteria.
Trigger Symptoms and Signs
Common trigger symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome include:
- Stress: Most people suffering from IBS go through frequent or worse symptoms and signs during the time of increased stress. But stress doesn’t cause them, it may aggravate them.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes play a big role, therefore, women are more likely said to have IBS. Research states that the symptoms and signs are worse during a woman’s menstrual cycle. It’s advisable to use herbal remedies to cure IBS.
- Food: Many people have bad IBS signs when they drink or eat certain beverage or foods, including cabbage, carbonated drinks, citrus fruits, dairy products, wheat, and milk. The role of food intolerance and food allergy in irritable bowel syndrome isn’t fully understood.
The Other Serious Symptoms And Signs Include:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Weight loss
- Rectal bleeding
- Unexplained vomiting
- Persistent pain that isn’t relieved by bowel moment or passing gas
- Diarrhoea in night
- Blood/ mucus in stools
Grahani Ayurvedic Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The ancient text of Ayurveda defines grahani as a disease that mainly has specifically defined symptoms: diarrhoea, abdominal pain, irregular bowel movement, and constipation. The Grahani Ayurvedic treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome includes three key aspects: behaviour, supplements, and diet.
Conditions like depression and stress can lead to early symptoms of IBS. Depression and stress disrupt the functioning of the gut. A regular and adequate exercise rid the body of stress, strengthens the body and is conducive to the gut. Pranayama, yoga, and meditation are extremely beneficial to increases stress resistance and give the mind a peaceful state. IBS Ayurveda prescribes some timely regime for daily rules and seasonal lines.
IBS Ayurveda has always been in the wide range of supplements. These natural remedies are all based on one principle I.e to improve the digestion in the gut. A grahani ayurvedic treatment differs from person to person. Some may need a single seasoning powder, some may need to go through detox, some may just need hot water or some may even need natural remedies for IBS. It is advisable to use ayurvedic supplements only under strict observation of an experienced and qualified doctor.
The most important factor of grahani ayurvedic treatment is diet. Unhealthy habits of eating are a direct cause of disruption in the gut. Therefore it very important to have a balanced meal at regular intervals. There is a number of food products described in grahani treatment in Ayurveda that very beneficial for the gut.
Grahani treatment in Ayurveda recommends a diet to anyone that best suits them. Avoid eating foods you are you are intolerant or allergic to, which are difficult to digest and junk food. If you want a personal dietary you can always see an experienced and qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner. This way your practitioner will be able to determine which nutrients your gut can tolerate less. Also, avoid consumption of caffeine, carbonated beverages, and alcohol.
All these key aspects help in restoring the function of the digestive system eliminate the accumulated toxins and alleviating aggravated body energies.