Please enter banners and links.
The world today is a stressful place. Anxiety is a major side effect of stress and can often pave the path to disaster if not handled well. They say anxiety makes one nervous and fidgety. The good news is that there are various techniques out there to handle anxiety in the right manner. One of those is using toys to manage anxieties based fidgeting. Here are a few to help you to choose from.
1. Sand Gardens: to a lot of people, the simple act of running sand through their fingers is a source of relief. A Sand garden is essentially a bowl of some sort with a flat bottom filled with fine sand. One can use one’;s fingers or little rakes or sticks to draw in this sand or make patterns. The act is strangely soothing and is known to relax anxiety based fidgeting.
2. Kinetic Sand: for those who are a little particular about neatness, a welcome alternative for a sand garden is kinetic sand. This recent development is a kind of sand that sticks together like dough even when it feels like ordinary sand. A pot of this on your table can become your fidget toy without becoming a mess.
3. Fidget Spinners and Cubes: the latest toy on the market designed for fidgeting hands is the fidget spinner. It’;s a simple toy that comes in various formats, sizes and price ranges that you can simply spin between your fingers and find some calm. Fidget Cubes on the other hand, are a little more versatile. They have a switch, a toggle stick, combination counters and a few other fidget friendly activities on each of its six faces, providing a variety of activities for restless hands.
4. Fidget Apps: in the world of smart phones it is only smart to have a fidget app. There are several out there that cater to anxiety based actions. Simple apps that let you swipe, flick, scroll etc aimlessly, keeping your restless hands occupied while your mind races a race of its own.
5. Bead strings: sometimes, going old fashioned is not a bad idea. Prayer beads have been known to be a source of comfort to the anxious since ages. Even for those who do not follow religion or one that involves prayer beads, a string of beads can be a helpful tool to deal with anxiety.
Toys for anxiety are now a dime a dozen in the market. It takes one online search to get an idea of just how many there are. While they may be soothing, they do not address the cause of anxiety. It is advisable to seek help and try to reduce your anxiety at the root. In the long run, that will be a lot more helpful than toys for you to fidget with.