Please enter banners and links.
Fear of an object or a situation is a very natural human emotion that all of us undergo on a day to day basis. The basic difference between a normal fear and phobia is that, a phobia is kind of an unreasonable fear that is not associated with evidence and that would subside eventually over a period of time. This kind of irrational fear generally does not have an impact on the quality of the person’s life. People with phobias try to avoid what they are scared of. If they are not able to ignore it, they undergo various physical and physiological complications.
Types of Phobias
- Phobias related to natural surroundings like storms, lighting etc.
- Animal Phobias: Being scared of dogs, spiders and other creatures.
- Phobias due to fear of causing harm to the body, such as fear of choking, or hurting oneself.
- Circumstantial phobias such as getting caught in the elevator, being scared of flying, heights etc.
- Apart from these, people may also experience major depression disorders, anxiety disorder, stress and extreme anger.
Cause for Phobias
The exact reason is unknown, but it can be related to certain chemicals in the brain and nervous system or can even be due to genetic disorders in the body.
- Shortness of breath, unrhymed heartbeats
- Hot flushes
- Nauseas, dizziness or frequent visits to the restrooms.
- Psychological symptoms such as fear of fainting, choking or dying.
Recommended Ayurvedic Treatment:
- Lemon: Nausea and dizziness due to phobia can be eliminated by intake of lemon in any form. Even the mere smell of lime is very effective in treating phobia related symptoms.
- Essential Oils: Oil extracts of herbs such as chamomile, juniper, jasmine, lavender and germanium haven proven to calm the central nervous system as they have sedative properties. They can be used while bathing or by applying some oil in the temple region.
- Ashwagandha: Commonly known as ‘Indian ginseng’, it is a unique herb that has numerous properties that are beneficial to the nervous system. It has anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory and anti-stress characteristics which boosts the physical and mental performance of the human body.
- Brahmi: It is a well-known herb that is predominantly used for treating memory and concentration problems. When consumed it enhances the recollecting and retaining capacity of the brain.
- Oil Massage: Rubbing some Bhringaraj or coconut oil on the scalp and soles of the feet during night, is sure to calm down the nerves of the body.
- Some Home Remedies: Applying ghee into the nose is extremely effective to calm the mind as it has smoothing and nurturing properties.
- Yoga: Practice yoga postures such as camel, cobra and boat.
Panchkarma Therapies for Stress:
This therapy helps to expel the toxins and harmful substances from the body and also improves blood circulation. Some of the commonly used techniques are as follows:
- Snehapanam: Oral intake of herbs such as neem, sandalwood and amlaki along with ghee or butter.
- Sirodhara: Warm essential oils are made to flow over the forehead of the person followed with gentle massaging.
Ayurvedic Tonic – Supyraya Plus
A known cause of phobias is due to disturbances in the functioning of the brain and the central nervous system. And hence, in order to enhance and boost the functioning, a natural Ayurvedic tonic called Supraya Plus can be consumed. This tonic is manufactured from various ancient Ayurvedic herbs and has undergone rigorous testing. It is guaranteed to solve all nerve related disorders without any side effects.
The above mentioned remedies are highly effective among the numerous treatments that are available to cope up with a phobia.